Happy Saturday, peeps! And happy St. Patrick's Day Weekend! Are you wearing green this weekend and drinking green beverages and eating green food? I know I have lots of friends who are. We have big plans to hit a kids' birthday party and possibly go to a baseball game today. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, so we want to take advantage of the sun and mild temperatures!
Breakfast first, though, ok?
If you are looking for breakfast ideas... You may also want to check out some of these posts!
I mentioned on Facebook and Twitter last night that I had a new favorite power breakfast. This is my third time making this meal this week. It is fairly quick and very filling, and most importantly, it is delicious!
Sausage and Asparagus Scramble
- 3 oz. ground breakfast sausage (I like Earth Fare's sausage or Neese's if I am at a regular grocery store)
- About 6-8 thin asparagus spears, chopped into thirds or fourths
- A few slices of thinly sliced red onion (I just use a little for flavor)
- A few mushroom pieces (fresh)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Then add your sausage. Break up as it cooks.
- When sausage is starting to brown but is still a little pink inside, add your veggies. You really don't need any additional cooking fat because the sausage has its own.
- Sauté the veggies and sausage until the veggies are crisp-tender. Reduce the heat to medium-low or low.
- Once the sausage and veggies are done, add your eggs to the skillet. Continue to cook, stirring to scramble the eggs with the veggies and sausage.
- Serve hot (with coffee, of course!)
I added a small grapefruit to my breakfast and it was delicious!
Here is a short picture tutorial...
Veggie mix from Trader Joe's
I am looking forward to seeing where the weekend takes us! I plan to do some dancing, some running/walking, and who knows what else!
You know, back in January, I thought about tracking my mileage for this year to see how many miles I walked or ran this year. Of course, I didn't do it, so now I am trying to backtrack and think about what might be a good estimate. I think that I have probably covered about 18 miles so far. I actually think that is a low estimate, but better low than high. I plan to creat some kind of ticker that I can post so that you can keep track of my progress when you visit the blog. I also thought about setting a mileage goal, but I think for now I am going to stick with just tracking. I also have been doing lots of Zumba and dance fitness, since I teach twice a week and attend other classes from time to time when I can. I wish I could track "miles danced!"
How about you? What are your fitness goals for this year? How are they going?
Sadie has started soccer and is loving it! Here are a few pictures of her in her soccer gear as she was kicking the ball around the yard.
Random thought... As I was typing up this post, Sadie was watching The Lorax.
You know what? This movie is pretty darn deep. It really makes you think!