Happy Inauguration Day, everyone! We were in our PJs here at the Confessions house until about midday, enjoying a day off from work! It felt so great to be sipping coffee in the late morning hours in my soft clothes! What were your plans for today?
I can't believe that I am already on day 22 of my Whole 30. The time is flying by. I have enjoyed this little "reset." Although I still have cravings for things sometimes, this time has allowed me to realize that I CAN eat healthy foods, even while working a full time job, a part-time job, and being a wife and mom. I knew these things...but in the fall I had gotten out of the habit of preparing fresh and healthy meals on the busy nights. Sometimes it is just so quick and easy to pick up take out or to eat out. However, the easiest option isn't always the best option.
Working moms and dads: what are your tips for avoiding the take-out routine?
I have found that online grocery shopping has become a HUGE time-saver for me. I have also found it to be helpful with not buying junk food that we don't need. Admit it, you've done it, too...you go to the grocery store hungry and as you walk down the aisles...you grab stuff you don't need. (Please don't say I am the only one.)
Online grocery shopping cuts that out completely. You make your selections from the comfort of your own home, and voila! They are available for pickup in a few hours OR they arrive at your door.
Perks of both:
- Someone else spends the time shopping
- No being tempted by things you don't need
- Both have online ordering and very user-friendly websites
Lettuce Carry Perks:
- Offers the option of local meats and produce
- Has lots of organics for pretty good prices
- Delivers to your door! (Same day=$10 fee, next day=free!)
- No tipping policy! (Drivers do not accept tips!)
- Nice reusable grocery bags.
- Accepts manufacturers coupons
- Independently owned
Harris Teeter Perks:
- Larger variety of foods available- which is a BIG perk
- More variety of specials and sale items
- I assume there is no tipping since there is a charge for pickup... But let me know if I am wrong!
- Some local options- but not as many as LC- no local meats
Side note... I really wish ONE of these stores would sell plantain chips.
As you can see, there are positive points to using both services! I have found that this gives me an hour that I do not have to spend walking around the grocery store...with a child asking for everything we pass. (Again...I am not the only one who experiences this, am I?)
I thought I would share this for all you local moms who hate taking time out to go grocery shopping. Save yourself an hour or more each week and let someone else do it for you!